Thursday, April 21, 2011

God of Gamblers I

We have this DVD collection of Chow Yun-fat.My husband told me that I should watch the GOD OF GAMBLERS at first I was not into it by  by later part of the movie I noticed my self laughing and amazed how the story was about. Hahaha...As soon I finished the part I. I continued the second part ..It was really good too.


plays Ko Chun, an extremely talented and well known gambler. On the eve of a big confrontation with a famous Singaporean gambler, Ko walks into a trap set by Knife, an avid but a so-so gambler (Andy Lau), meant for an Indian servant. Struck on the head, Ko suffers from amnesia and regresses to a child-like state. Knife, not knowing who Ko is, takes him in and gives him a name, Chocolate, since Ko now has an over-obsessive love for a specific chocolate (French/Belgium Feodora brand),. As soon as he recognizes Ko's talents begins to exploit his abilities. This invites further trouble and trauma for Ko leading up to a big finale. Ko's bodyguard Dragon arrives after tracking him down to protect him from thugs who tried to kill him. After a fierce gun-battle in which Ko killed all his enemies, he became horrified and ran out into the street where he was struck by a vehicle. Moments later at the hospital, Knife came to visit him only to learn Ko has no memory of him and was thrown out by security to his dismay. Meanwhile, Ko Chun's cousin, Ko Yee helps the Singaporean gambler by giving him glasses that can see dots on cards (which tells him if it is a King, Queen, Jack, or Ace). During the big showdown, Ko Chun loses 2 rounds and during the last round, fools the Singaporean gambler thus winning all of the money. Then, the Singaporean gambler is sent to jail because he accidentally shot Ko Yee. In the end, Ko Chun remembers Knife and takes him to Las Vegas to gamble.


I really recommend that you watch this movie.I promise that You will not be bored watching it although it's kinda old but surely you will like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment